Building a business is hard. Most triathlon and endurance sport coaches get into coaching because they love sport and science and physiology and even all the fun gadgets. Unfortunately the experiences that make a person a a really great coach aren’t the same experiences that make a person great at running a professional business. Both Coach Stacey and Coach Kelly have a strong commitment to helping professionalize the business of triathlon coaching. In addition to public speaking engagements, CEU presentations and The Triathlon Coach’s Business Toolkit, Coach Stacey and Coach Kelly offer a business mentorship program.
Stacey is a founder and the Managing Director of Sonic Endurance. She has dual BA in Education Social Work and Counseling and a MA in Public Administration. Her education and experience allow her to bring a unique skill set to the coaching business. This will be her second year speaking at Endurance Exchange. She was a 2020 Finalist for the Outspoken Women in Triathlon Awards as Coach of the Year. She is a multiple Ironman Finisher and a two time finisher in the 70.3 Ironman World Championships.
Stacey began her coaching career in the corporate setting building group fitness and wellness programs for a variety of businesses. She transitioned from that experience to founding and expanding her own coaching business. In addition to running a business and coaching adults, Stacey is a board member of the North Penn IronKnights Triathlon. She serves as the chair to the scholarship program and directs the youth training program for the annual event. You can view Stacey’s LinkedIn Profile here
Kelly is a senior in-house labor and employment attorney and business advisor with 15 years experience partnering with executive and functional teams on potential liability and defenses, risk reduction, risk management, and litigation avoidance.
Kelly has been recognized with professional awards, including “New Leader in the Law” by Connecticut Law Tribune, and four time speaker at Endurance Exchange focusing on employment law issues that impact the endurance sports community, the 2017 recipient of the Ron Smith Award, and a 2020 finalist for the Outspoken Women in Triathlon Awards. Kelly is also and eight-time IRONMAN Triathlon finisher and continues to pursue her own athletic goals. Dartmouth College ’02, Emory University School of Law ’05. You can view Kelly’s LinkedIn Profile here.
One Month Mentorship ($250)
- Business Intake Mentorship Form analysis — You let us know about your business and your areas of concern
- 1 hour Zoom call with Kelly and Stacey to review the Form and discuss areas of opportunity
- Follow-up email with suggestions to improve on areas of opportunity
- Email communications as needed throughout the month
Three Month Mentorship ($400)
- Everything in the One Month Plan
- Two additional 1 hour Zoom calls with Kelly and Stacey (three total calls)
- Action plan that prioritizes areas of opportunity for each month of the mentorship
- Accountability check ins based on action plan
Six Month Mentorship ($600)
- Everything in the Three Month Plan
- Three additional 1 hour Zoom calls with Kelly and Stacey (six total calls)
- Plan for the “Next Six Months” at the conclusion of the mentorship program
Kelly and Stacey also offer business consulting services at the rate of $225 / hour.
Interested in The Triathlon Coach’s Business Toolkit? Check it out here